Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
Academic Search Ultimate, MasterFILE Premier & Business Source Premier
- A convenience link for searching the Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE
Premier, and Business Source Premier databases simultaneously.
- Explores a single hot issue in the news each week, covering 44 topics,
including expanded reports. Especially useful for pro/con presentation of
issues currently being discussed. This is an excellent place for students to
search for term paper topics.
Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and
organize a broad variety of data on today’s hottest social issues for
conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates,
creating presentations and more.
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
LearningExpress Library (Utah’s Online Library)
- Provides comprehensive test preparation, skills improvement resources,
and career guidance for elementary students to adult learners. Each of the
Library’s Learning Centers offers practice tests, exercises, skill-building
courses, eBooks, and information. Free registration is required on the site.
- Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including
U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED)
- Historical dictionary of English, covering use of words from earliest
times to present day.
Oxford Handbooks Online
- Provides in-depth, high-level articles written by the world’s leading
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
Points of View Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
- This database contains 343 topics, each with an overview (objective
background / description), point (argument), and counterpoint (opposing
argument). Each topic features a Guide to Critical Analysis which helps
the reader evaluate the controversy and enhances students’ ability to read
critically, develop their own perspective on the issues, and write or debate an
effective argument on the topic.
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Full-text of the most recent premium U.S. news content as well as archives
which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and
news sites. Includes coverage of 150+ major U.S. newspapers such as the New
York Times and the Wall Street Journal, plus hundreds of other news
sources and news wires.
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
- Reference resources for psychology, health, historical topics, and
- Extensive database of Elsevier journals in a wide range of subjects.
Excellent searching capabilities and full text access. An excellent resource
for authoritative information in many subject disciplines.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Utah Tech University
- A list of ebook databases available at Utah Tech.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.