Theater and Film Databases
Start with these databases:
- Provides full-text access to a selection of humanities and social sciences
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Citation index that provides consolidated searching of a social science
citation index, art and humanities citation index and multi disciplinary
databases—may be searched by author, title, subject, and topic. These
are citations of usage, not full text and will be useful primarily to upper
division students and faculty doing research.
Swank Digital Campus
- Academic streaming service that provides feature films, documentaries,
foreign films, and TV shows.
Other article databases:
Academic Search Ultimate (EBSCOhost)
- A scholarly, multi-disciplinary, database; with full text coverage of
10,021 journals in a range of subjects. This database is a good starting place
for almost any topic search.
Alexander Street (Alexander Street Press)
- Streaming audio and videos on therapy, counseling, dance, and music.
Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- Full text coverage from the Wilson database of periodicals and journals of
articles on art, architecture and archaeology throughout the world.
Artemis Literary Sources (Gale)
- Provides literary content from primary sources, critical articles, literary
and cultural analysis, and biographies. Integrates material from
Literature Resources from Gale,
Literature Criticism Online,
- Streaming theater productions, interviews, and written content.
- A scholarly journal archive that provides image and full text access to
archival (more than 5 years old) scholarly journals in a wide variety of
Sage Journals Online
- General purpose database for scholarly articles.
Web of Knowledge
- Consolidated searching of citation search engines and multidisciplinary
listings of articles in 8,500 major scholarly journals. Limited full text
access. Clusters results in subject areas and document types.
- An online reference utility that hosts selected encyclopedias and other
Oxford Reference Online - Premium
- Language and subject reference works from Oxford Press into single cross
- Offers access to selected reference encyclopedias, handbooks, and videos
with coverage mostly in the areas of social sciences and health care.
Other useful resources:
- Search for books, audio, video, and periodicals at the Utah Tech University
- A list of ebook databases available at Utah Tech.
Full-Text Periodicals List
- Find a specific journal or magazine.
- Borrow materials from other libraries.
- Search library catalogs in Utah and beyond.